Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: A Signature Rule Request - Please Read

  1. #1
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I was reading the sticky about Signatures and Avatars and there was a request for a reminder about signatures. Please shrink your signature if you can. It helps a lot of us out.

    Here is a quote from Dreaming of Dolls:

    I think a better question to ask yourself when creating your signature is, "Will people really want to look at this almost every time they see one of my posts?" I love seeing pictures of members' dolls, pets, and family, but when the picture is too large, stays for a super long time (so I've seen it A LOT), or there are multiple pics, it starts to get annoying. I like the board siggy rules, but it doesn't seem like a whole lot of people are following them. Most people have either a picture that is too large, multiple pictures, or MANY (much more than 4) lines of text. Personally, I think a new thread should be started reminding people of the sig rules, because it does kind of seem that people kind of skip over the stickies (even though the view counts are extremely high).
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lindy put my signature picture in for me -- the one of the dolls on the stairs. I'd be just as happy with just the dancing doll ones but how do I take the other one out?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To take the second graphic out of your signature, you have to click on "my profile" then "edit my profile". Under the signature, your second picture will appear in code... you just have to remove the latter code and the latter picture will disappear. Good luck!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I am going to take my doll list off, I think people already know we have alot of dolls and have added more since, like Jess and #24 etc...
    I am sure people aren't reading this everytime. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks!
    I love to see everyone's pictures in their sigs, but I know I skip most of the text. If I have time to look at albums, I go to the website sticky and spend some time there. Of course, when someone has a new album or pictures, it is nice to get a regular thread alerting us so we can check it out.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you have a long list of albums and don't want to consolidate to one link, you always have the option of putting your complete album list in the Website sticky. You don't have to keep it in your signature. When something relevant to your albums comes up, you can copy and paste a link or refer to the Website Sticky.

    I really appreciate everyone's help on once again shortening the signatures. I have PMd many people and everyone has been really nice about shortening their sigs when necessary. It just take a lot of time to PM people and I hope it won't be necessarry. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •